Monday, July 25, 2011

Bodacious Beads!

We made beads today! Whoo Hoo!

Started with a bead holder made out of a piece of scrap wood from the garden. You work with what you have, you know?
Marked the board in 1" increments and drilled holes to hold wooden skewers used to dry the beads.
 I was so excited to try out the board that I pulled some dry beads out and let them sit there...you know...so I could check out the look.
 Next step was to glaze the bisqued beads and stack them in the kiln. The booger of the whole situation is that no bead can touch another. They have a tendency to stick together and get ruined and that would be a bummer.

So...a little stress here as we waited to see if our set-up would work. Had a fear that the metal support wires would droop and leave the beads in a pile of melted mess. Guess what??? It worked!!!
Finished beads. Yeah, they're a little wild and miss-matched, but you have to play a little, you know? My daughter had a blast painting. Most of these are hers.

Colors are a little off, but here's a sample. In person, the red is a real red and the little beads in between are a bright green.
And yep, I know these pictures are katty-whompus, but for the life of me, I don't know how to fix them.

***Edit*** I fixed the pics. I feel so accomplished today! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment